2. Acceptable use
We permit you to use the Site according to our Website Terms. Use of the Site in any other way, including in contravention of any restriction on use set out in this Acceptable use policy, is not permitted. If you do not agree with the terms of this Acceptable use policy, you may not use the Site.
3. Restrictions on use
3.1 As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree:
- not to use the Site to commit any act of fraud;
- not to use the Site to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- not to use the Site for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
- not to use the Site to simulate communications from us or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
- not to use the Site in any manner that disrupts the operation of our Site or business or the website or business of any other entity;
- not to use the Site in any manner that harms minors;
- not to promote any unlawful activity;
- not to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
- not to use the Site to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data, systems, accounts or networks;
- not to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods;
- that the following is prohibited:
- copying, redistributing, reproducing, “ripping”, recording, transferring, performing or displaying to the public, broadcasting, or making available to the public any part of the Services or the Content, or otherwise making any use of the Services or the Content which is not expressly permitted under the Terms or Applicable Laws or which otherwise infringes the intellectual property rights (such as copyright) in the Services or the Content or any part of it;
- using the Services to import or copy any local files you do not have the legal right to import or copy in this way;
- transferring copies of cached Content from an authorised device to any other device via any means;
- reverse-engineering, decompiling, disassembling, modifying, or creating derivative works based on the Services, Content or any part thereof unless permitted by Applicable Laws;
- circumventing any technology used by us, our licensors, or any third party to protect the Content or the Services;
- selling, renting, sublicensing or leasing of any part of the Services or the Content;
- circumventing any territorial restrictions applied by us or our licensors;
- artificially increasing play count or otherwise manipulating the Services by using a script or other automated process;
- removing or altering any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property notices contained on or provided through the Services (including for the purpose of disguising or changing any indications of the ownership or source of any Content);
- providing your password to any other person or using any other person’s username and password;
- “crawling” the Services or otherwise using any automated means (including bots, scrapers, and spiders) to collect information the Site; or
- selling a user account or playlist, or otherwise accepting any compensation, financial or otherwise, to influence the name of an account or playlist or the content included on an account or playlist.
4. Bulletin boards, chat rooms and other interactive services
4.1 We may make bulletin boards, chat rooms or other communication services (“Interactive Services”) available on the Site.
4.2 We are not obliged to monitor or moderate Submissions to our Interactive Services. Where we do monitor or moderate Submissions we shall indicate how this is performed and who should be contacted in relation to any Submission of concern to you.
4.3 We may remove or edit any Submissions to any of our Interactive Services whether they are moderated or not.
4.4 Any Submission you make must comply with our Submission standards set out below.
5. Submission standards
5.1 Any Submission or communication to users of our Site must conform to standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness, which shall be applied in our discretion, acting reasonably. In particular, you warrant that any Submission or communication:
- is an original work and lawfully submitted;
- is factually accurate or your own genuinely held belief;
- is provided with the necessary consent of any third party;
- is not defamatory or likely to give rise to an allegation of defamation;
- is not offensive, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory or deceptive;
- is unlikely to cause offence, embarrassment or annoyance to others;
- is not offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, or obscene;
- is not illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including but not limited to violations of our intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or proprietary rights, or that of a third party;
- does not include your password or any other user’s password or personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
- does not include malicious content such as malware, Trojan horses, or viruses, or otherwise interferes with any user’s access to the Services;
- is not intended to or does harass or bully other users;
- does not impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with another user, person, or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading;
- does not use automated means to artificially promote content;
- does not involve the transmission of unsolicited mass mailings or other forms of spam (“spam”), junk mail, chain letters, or similar;
- does not involve commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, or pyramid schemes, that are not expressly authorised by us;
- does not link to, references, or otherwise promotes commercial products or services, except as expressly authorised by us;
- does not interfere with or in any way disrupt the Services, tamper with, breach, or attempt to probe, scan, or test for vulnerabilities in the Services or our computer systems, network, usage rules, or any of our security components, authentication measures or any other protection measures applicable to the Services, the Content or any part thereof; or
- conflicts with the Terms.
5.2 You acknowledge and agree that posting any of the above referenced Content may result in immediate termination or suspension of your Account. You also agree that we may also reclaim your username for any reason.
6. Our Standards
6.1 Please be thoughtful about how you use the Services and what you share. The Services include social and interactive features, including the ability to post content, share content, and make certain information about you public. Remember that shared or publicly available information may be used and re-shared by other Users and across the web, so please use the Site carefully and be mindful of your account settings. We have no responsibility for your choices to post material on the Site.
6.2 Your password protects your Account, and you are solely responsible for keeping your password confidential and secure. You understand that you are responsible for all use of your username and password on the Site. If your username or password is lost or stolen, or if you believe there has been unauthorised access to your Account by third parties, please notify us immediately and change your password as soon as possible.
7. Linking and framing
7.1 You may create a link to our Site from another website without our prior written consent provided no such link:
- creates a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content of our Site;
- implies that we endorse your products or services or any of the products or services of, or available through, the website on which you place a link to our Site;
- displays any of the trademarks or logos used on our Site without our permission or that of the owner of such trademarks or logos; or
- is placed on a website that itself does not meet the acceptable use requirements of this Acceptable use policy.
7.2 We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the Site at any time, and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
8. Using our name and logo
9.1 We shall apply the terms of this Acceptable use policy in our absolute discretion. In the event of your breach of this Acceptable use policy we may terminate or suspend your use of the Site, remove or edit Submissions, disclose Submissions to law enforcement authorities or take any action we consider necessary to remedy the breach.
10.1 We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
10.2 If you are unhappy with us please contact us as soon as possible.
10.3 If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our complaint handling procedure, we:
- let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- may give you certain information about our alternative dispute resolution provider.
10.4 If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this Acceptable use policy.
10.5 Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to this Acceptable use policy.