You can choose from 4 types of crowdfunding campaigns: show, intimate concert, private event and music album.
Show is a music event for big audience usually concerts, fests, shows, gigs organized in large venues, open airs, etc.Learn more
Private event is an occasional or special event where only people known to the host or invitation code holders are invited to attend.Learn more
How to create a Show campaign
Show is a music event for big audience usually concerts, fests, shows, gigs organized in large venues, open airs, etc. A unique concept of the show can help you to attract a bigger audience and engage more fans. Once you come up with a new idea, remember to discuss it with your friends and fans on Show4me Artist club. There is always space for modification and development. Start planning the show some time ahead. Decide how many people you want to invite and locate a venue that will accommodate that number. The show campaign has to be well promoted in accordance with preliminary well-thought-out advertising strategy. Do not frustrate yourself with unprofitable events and high risks without proper market research – use Show4me to prove the demand by cash. Using Show crowdfunding campaigns you get enough direct financing to cover your costs and increase your profit without financial risks.
- Determine an artist’s fee and all related costs such as technical and personal rider, travel and lodging.
- Find a venue where you want to hold your show and negotiate the hire cost.
- Determine the number of tickets and their types.
- Consider extra costs for auxiliary equipment and stuff.
- In addition, we recommend you to get a professional adviсe on applicable taxes.
Budgeting and costs planning
Calculate carefully all the expenses related to a show organization. The budget amount is required when you will be creating your campaign, and can include but not limited to the following:
- Artist(s) fees and rider
- Artist(s) travel and lodging
- Sound and lights rental
- Stage and stage decoration
- Transport and logistics
- Food and beverages
- Possible fees
- Ambulance (if necessary)
- Fire service (if necessary)
- Police (if necessary)
- Other possible expenditures
Your profit amount
Your profit consists of your minimum profit and profit from ticket sales. Minimum profit is the amount an organizer will get when the campaign reaches its Confirmation point. Try to keep your minimum profit amount as small as possible to make the show happen. Please note that this is not your Total profit or Funding goal. Extra profit is the profit you can get after the Confirmation point is reached and the ticket price returned to its standard fare, which is 40% higher than the initially discounted one.
It is a timeframe when your fans can pre-order tickets until your campaign reaches the Confirmation point. The maximum possible Funding period is 150 days, the minimum is 7 days. We recommend considering your Funding period very carefully as it depends on the season, artist`s popularity and capacity of a venue. Also, people do not like to wait too long for the show. After your campaign has reached the Confirmation point you have maximum 12 months to organize the show and ticket sales end 12 hours prior to the show or immediately if the show is sold out.
All shows organized through Show4me have open date. It is a unique feature, which allows organizers to book a venue when the campaign has reached a Confirmation Point. That means, they managed to raise enough funds to earn a minimum profit and cover the costs of the show.
You set a month and a year of the show during the campaign creation process. It is not a fixed one and you may change it after the campaign has reached a Confirmation Point. Once your campaign has reached the Confirmtaion point, you must confirm the show and set the exact date and time.
Please, consider all possible taxes when calculating the budget of your campaign. Taxes depend on your local legislation, form of incorporation and your residence. If you are not sure regarding taxation, we recommend you to consult with your tax advisor.
How to launch and manage a Show campaign
Creating a Show campaign on Show4me is easy and fast. Normally, the process takes not more than 15 minutes assuming you have all the information available in advace. Below you can see the most essential steps.
- Choose an interesting and memorable title for your campaign.
- Design an eye-catching poster for your show campaign.
- Shoot a promo video for your campaign. It should give pledgers an idea about the style of your music, your goal, appeal to your fans, etc. Make it sincere and engaging.
- Add a short description of your campaign. Make it clear and informative. It will be visible at your campaign’s card and become the subtitle of your campaign`s page.
- Add a detailed description of your campaign including an artist or a band story, their appeal to the fans, and information about the show.
- You can upload some tracks to make your audience acquainted with your music art. You can update the tracklist any time during the campaign`s Funding period.
- Add information about the location where the show will take place. (venue name, its address)
- Deal with sponsors who are ready to support your event. You will be able to add their brand, logo, description to your campaign page. You can add sponsors later, if there are no such for the moment.
Please, notice that you can edit and update most of the information except campaign`s Funding goal, Funding period, ticket types and ticket price. You can save a campaign to drafts and publish it when you have all the information available.
After a campaign is launched, you can edit and update most of the information except campaign`s Funding goal, Funding period, ticket types and ticket price.
The Show campaign has to be well promoted in accordance with preliminary well-thought-out advertising strategy. Fans have to be inspired by your idea to participate in a show creation and attend a really cool event.
Show4me gives you powerful tools to promote your campaign inside the network and on external platforms.
We recommend you to consider the following points while promoting your campaign:
- The most important part of a crowdfunding campaign is the start – when you have a zero or few dollars pledged. Mostly, people do not like to be the first. Use your personal contacts to bring as many people as possible to pledge your campaign.
- Use cross-platform promotion to reach more audience from other social media. Share valuable content to retain fans on the network, so they can participate in your current and future campaigns.
- Interact with your audience on your Show4me personal page and/or your Artist club to promote the show campaign.
- Cooperate with bloggers, influencers and mass media to increase your outreach.
- Use all other possible channels to spread the word about your campaign.
Initially, a ticket price refers as discounted. After the Confirmation point is reached, a ticket price returns to its standard fare, which is 40% higher. Discounted price stimulates "early birds" to pledge your campaign to save money. Those, who pledge after the Confirmation point has been reached and the date and time determined, will pay 40% more and generate you extra profit.
If your campaign does not reach its Confirmation point, within the Funding period, all pledgers will be fully refunded.
Management and statistics
You can track statistics and manage your campaign in the dashboard. Click on Manage button on your campaign page to open the campaign’s dashboard.
Date and time of the show
The date and time of your show remains open until your campaign reaches the Confirmation point. This is the moment when you get the first pay-out, confirm the show, set the date and time. You can not change the date and time after it has been set.
Break even transfer
The Break even transfer is the first transfer you get when your campaign reaches the Confirmation point. It allows you to book a venue, to make advance payments to artists and all other expenses related to your show.
In order to request the Break even transfer, please go to your Wallet, find your crowdfunding campaign title and click on the Pay-out button.
Extra profit transfer
When your campaign has reached the Confirmation point and price has increased by 40% you start generating extra profit. The amount may vary depending on your pledgers’ activity.
You are able to request an Extra profit transfer when your campaign is sold out or the Funding period is over. In order to request the transfer, please go to your Wallet, find your crowdfunding campaign title and click on the Pay-out button.
The Know Your Client procedure
KYC (Know Your Client) procedure is required by the payment processor and Show4me to fight fraud, money laundering and financing of terrorism. Passing KYC procedure is required only once.
For corporate accounts (legal entities, LLC, inc., etc.), we require specific information regarding business activity, registration certificate, power of attorney and other legal documents, which confirms that you are authorized to act on behalf of the company. You may be required to provide additional information to pass the KYC.
For personal accounts (individuals), we require information confirming their identity, date of birth, citizenship, etc. You may be required to provide additional information to pass the KYC.
Please notice, that you will not be able to request transfers without completing the KYC procedure. You can pass KYC procedure in the Settings of your profile.
Finalizing your Show campaign
E-tickets will be availbale on pledger`s Show4me fan profile after a campaign has reached the Confirmation point. Those, who will pledge after the Confirmation point, get their e-tickets immeditely. Fans will be able to download e-tickets to print out or save to mobile phone. Please, download and install free Show4me tReader app to scan tickets at the entrance and get full stats on the visitors. Otherwise, you can download a barcode database for your personal barcode scanners. tReader is available for Android and IOS.
Holding a successful event
Congratulations! You are all set to hold a successful event. Don`t forget to share photos and videos from the show on your personal page or Artist club.