Who we are
Wefuture Limited, a company organised under the laws of England and Wales, with the following registered address: Suite 319-3, 1 Royal Exchange Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3V 3LT ("We", “we”, “us”, “our” and “Wefuture”, as applicable) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal data about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal data for the purposes of those laws.
The personal data we collect and use
Information collected by us from you
We will collect your personal data for the following purposes (each a “Purpose” and collectively the “Purposes”):
- “User Administration”, which means each and collectively as applicable:
- the execution of the Terms that govern your use of our Website;
- contract related notices; and
- improvements of the backend to the Website.
- “Sales and Marketing”, which means, subject to your explicit consent:
- sending you marketing and promotional materials via email, messengers, any future online communication tools and via the Website on our products and services;
- sending you marketing and promotional materials via email, messengers, any future online communication tools and via the Website on products and services of third party merchant users of our Website;
- delivering awards for winners of promotional actions.
- “Service Delivery”, which means:
- the enforcement of the Terms;
- the performance of the Terms and the provision of the services accessible via the Website, including without limitation:
- your registration on the Website;
- your interaction with other users;
- you creating campaigns for concerts, shows, recordings and events (each a “Campaign”);
- you making contributions to any Campaign via the Website, which includes processing transactions and setting up your Website account/s;
- your creation an “Artist Club”, which shall mean (in each case) an official page of a particular artist or band);
- you raising funding for any Campaign via the Website, which includes processing transactions and setting up your Website account/s;
- you selling tickets for any Campaign via the Website;;
- you selling digital music and other content via the Website;
- provision of the software to ticket vendors and venues of any Campaign necessary to scan tickets for the same;
- compiling aggregated statistics about your Website usage and to better understand your preferences;
- research and development to improve the services accessible via the Website, including without limitation the customization of the layout of and content on the Website;
- ability to share the content on the Website via third party social media sites;
- identifying any server problems or other IT or network issues relating to the Website; and
- delivering tickets (via post office/delivery service or online).
- “Regulatory Compliance”, which means:
- activities and actions including without limitation due diligence and record keeping to enable compliance with anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing compliance with the UK, EU and global anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing regulations, which shall also be knowns as the “ML Regulations” (each and collectively “AML Compliance”);
- activities and actions including without limitation record keeping to enable data privacy compliance in compliance with any applicable data privacy laws, including without limitation the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), which shall be known collectively as the “Data Privacy Laws” (“Data Privacy Compliance”);
- tax compliance to enable tax compliance with UK tax laws (“Tax Compliance”); and
- activities and actions to enable compliance with proper requests from regulatory agencies, courts, law enforcement and other bodies and authorities (each and collectively the “Authorities” as applicable) where such is a legal requirement under the applicable jurisdiction (“Legal Request Compliance”).
For each Purpose we collect the following personal data, it being understood that the personal data we process differs if you are using the site to access the products and/or services available on the Website (each a “Fan”), or to supply products and/or services via the Website (each a “Professional”), and that every Fan and Professional shall each also be known as a “User” and collectively as the “Users”.
- User Administration:
Fan/Professional (corporate + personal):
- Full name;
- Profile information;
- Usage statistics;
- IP address;
- Social media links;
Professional corporate: in addition to the above, the Shareholders declaration.
- Sales and Marketing:
Fan: the same personal data we collect for User Administration.
Professional: the same personal data we collect for User Administration.
- Service Delivery:
Fan: the same personal data we collect for User Administration, in addition to the following personal data every time a monetary pledge is made via the Website for the purpose of effecting the transaction (“Fan Payment Information”):
- Card number;
- Expiration month;
- Expiration year;
- Cardholder First name;
- Cardholder Second name; and
We do not store Fan Payment Information on our servers.
Professional: the same personal data we collect for User Administration, and also to the following personal data jointly referred as (“Professional Payment Information”):
- Bank name;
- Bank account owner full name;
- Bank account owner address;
- Account Number;
- Bank account country;
- An identity document as well as any document of proof;
- Additional Information, as necessary, it is understood that depending on the bank account country there may be additional bank details;
- Professional shareholders information (applicable to corporate).
Professional Payment Information is collected upon KYC (“Know Your Client”) Procedure. If Professional fails/rejects to undergo KYC, the transaction will not be completed.
- Regulatory Compliance:
Fan: except with respect to Tax Compliance, where we only collect any payment and invoice information provided including without limitation full names and addresses where applicable - the same personal data we collect for User Administration, in addition to any other personal data collected during our AML Compliance, on a case by case basis in compliance with the risk-based approach.
Professional: except with respect to Tax Compliance, where we only collect any payment and invoice information provided including without limitation full names and addresses where applicable - the same personal data we collect for User Administration, in addition to any other personal data collected during our AML Compliance, on a case by case basis in compliance with the risk-based approach.
In connection with legal obligation to combat fraud, money laundering and financing of terrorism, we and our payment service provider Mangopay (as defined below) process data, including data combinations, to help staff establish fraud risk levels concerning payments and fundraising campaigns. This processing may be used to justify a decision taken by us or Mangopay to refuse a fundraising campaign.
Contact with us via email or chat
You may ask us questions or submit your request via Send feedback form, for example via contact form, for this you should enter your contact information (e.g. your name, email address etc.). We use your contact information solely in connection with answering the queries we receive from you.
If you receive emails from us, we may use certain analytics tools, to capture data such as when you open our email or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data helps us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
On our site you have the opportunity to contact us to ask us questions as well as to submit your request via chat which is operating by us and by Crisp IM SARL (“Crisp”) operated by a French limited company, identified as:
ID / SIREN: 833085806
Address: 2 Boulevard de Launay, 44100 Nantes, France
Email: [email protected]
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on our website at [email protected]. Once we receive your request, we will process it accordingly and notify you.
Information collected from other sources
The following information is the only personal data that we obtain from other sources:
- personal data in support of Regulatory Compliance, including without limitation AML Compliance, from third party services that provide such information, and any information that is publicly available; and
- personal data in support of Regulatory Compliance, and Service Delivery from Mangopay S.A, a public limited company incorporated under the Luxembourg law and listed under number B173459 in the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register (“Mangopay”); and
- content, communications and information that any User provides when using our Website. This can include without limitation a comment, photo, message, and/or contact information associated with you.
Who we share your personal data with
We routinely share:
- Personal data we collect when you contribute to any Campaign or buy digital music and other content via the Website from a Professional (in support of Service Delivery), with the applicable Professional, it being understood that a Professional may be located anywhere globally, and therefore such transfer will be subject to our Terms in accordance with article 44 and article 46 of the GDPR;
- Personal data we collect in support of any of the Purposes with our employees and contractors, it being understood that a contractor or and/or employee may be located anywhere globally, and therefore such transfer will be subject to our employment agreement and contractor agreement (as applicable) in accordance with article 44 and article 46 of the GDPR;
- Personal data we collect in support of the AML Compliance part of our Regulatory Compliance with Mangopay, a public limited company incorporated under the Luxembourg law and listed under number B173459 in the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register (“Mangopay”), which is our service provider for the payment related functions on our Website;
- Fan Payment Information and/or Professional Payment Information with Mangopay to enable Service Delivery for the purpose of effecting payment transactions that are necessary for Service Delivery;
- Personal data we collect in support of AML Compliance where a third party properly requests such information from us in support of our compliance with the ML Regulations;
- Personal data we collect for Sales and Marketing subject to your explicit consent provided by you to us (for the avoidance of doubt), to third party service providers that assist us with Sales and Marketing, including without limitation marketing and advertising, and customer service sub-contractors;
- Personal data we collect in support of Legal Request Compliance with the Authorities;
- Personal data we collect to enforce our Terms, with our service providers and the Authorities (as applicable); and
- Personal Data we collect in support of User administration and Service Delivery to our third party service providers, as applicable.
We will not share your personal data with any other third party.
Information shared with Professionals
If you are a Fan, the following information and personal data are shared with the Professional you support as well as via which you contribute and/or subscribe to an Artist Club or purchase digital music:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Quantity of tickets you bought;
- Amount of money you pledged;
- Pledging date;
- Country and city of your location;
- Your age;
- Your ticket ID; and
- Scanner ID.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The personal data we obtain from you in support of Sales and Marketing does not have to be provided by you to continue to be a user of the Website. In the event you do not provide us with the information we request, as detailed herein, in support of Sales and Marketing, we shall not send you any marketing, promotional and/or business development communications.
Subject to a Requirements Notice (as defined below), the provision of all other personal data referenced herein that we process for any other Purpose other than Sales and Marketing, is required to enable us to support the applicable Purpose.
The “Requirements Notice” shall mean where we inform you at the point of collecting information from you, that you are not required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal data will be kept
- We will hold all the information referenced herein that we collect in support of AML Compliance for 5 years, or for as long as necessary to comply with the ML regulations.
- We will hold all other personal data of yours we collect for every other Purpose (other than AML Compliance, for the avoidance of doubt), for as long as necessary to enable the running and completion of the applicable Purpose.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal data
- The lawful bases for the processing of all personal data we collect in support of Sales and Marketing is the explicit consent provided by you to us via the Website or via email.
- The processing of all personal data we collect in support of the AML Compliance part of our Regulatory Compliance is necessary to enable us to comply with the ML Regulations.
- The processing of all personal data we collect in support of the Data Privacy Compliance part of our Regulatory Compliance is necessary to enable us to comply with the Data Privacy Laws.
- The processing of all personal data we collect in support of the Tax Compliance part of our Regulatory compliance, is necessary to enable us to comply with UK tax laws.
- The processing of all personal data we collect in support of every other Purpose (excluding Sales and Marketing and Regulatory Compliance, for the avoidance of doubt) is necessary for the support of the execution, performance and enforcement of the Terms.
Persons under the age of 13 (each an “underage child”, and collectively “underage children”, as applicable) are not permitted to register for a User account or use the Website, and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from underage children. If you believe that an underage child has provided us with personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that an underage child has provided us with personal data, we will delete it.
Persons that are under 18 and not an underage child (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use the Website without the consent of their parent or legal guardian, which is to be provided via the registration process on the Website prior to becoming a User.
We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as quickly as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal data;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data;
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email [email protected];
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details);
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
In addition to the above, you are able to access, amend, obtain and erase personal data by visiting the tab ‘Settings’ while you are logged into the Website account/s.
If you are a Fan you can disable your account if you go to your account settings while you are logged into Website. Click the “Delete Account” tab to have your account immediately disabled and removed from public view. Some of your content (non-personal data) may be still available on the Website.
If you are a Professional you can disable your account by sending a written request with the subject ‘Delete Account’ to [email protected]. It may take up to 3 (three) London business days for the User account to be disabled.
When you disable your account or send us a written request to delete your account, we start the process of removing it from the product and our systems. First, we aim to remove it from view as soon as possible and the data may no longer be used to personalise you on the Website. We then begin a process designed to safely and completely delete the data from our storage systems. Safe deletion is important to protect you from accidental data loss. This process generally takes around one month from the time of deletion.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any promotional email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the promotional email newsletter or by sending a written request with the subject ‘unsubscribe’ to [email protected]. It may take up to 3 (three) London business days for this to take place (but usually happens automatically).
Keeping your personal data secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was updated on February 1, 2019.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email to the email address you have provided us or we will provide notice through our Website, or by other means, to provide you the opportunity to review the changes before they become effective. If you object to any changes, you may delete your account.
How to contact us
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ above).